Culture. Eat it
19 October 2018
cakes and desserts
The easy and infallible recipe of my brioche toast
The brioche toast smells of slow Sundays,
of family breakfast under the light of a shy October sun.
Christmas is coming soon,
smell of home,
laughter and good news.
A simple and infallible recipe designed to accompany your every happy moment, from breakfast to snack. Taste the brioche toast freshly baked, or sliced and toasted smeared with butter and jam. But I do not even try to tell you which palatal orgasm will give you a slice of brioche toast generously spread with homemade nutella.
A brioche toast that bestows beautiful moments, ready to spread the fragrance of butter throughout the house is waiting for you below and can not wait to be prepared with your own hands.
Easy and infallible brioche toast – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (doses for a plumcake mold)
- 450 g of plain flour
- 5 g of dry yeast
- 180 g of whole milk
- 50 g of butter
- 40 g of raw cane sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 spoon of lemon juice
- butter, yolk, seeds for the egg wash
While you’re tasting listen: Ecco la felicità, Cosmo
- Heat the milk and melt the butter with sugar and salt. Once hot, remove from heat, let it cool.
- In the mixer machine lightly beat the eggs with lemon juice. Add the warm milk and mix a few moments.
- Separately, mix the flour with the yeast.
- Add the flour to the liquids. Mix in the machine for 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough covered with film to rise for a couple of hours.
- Spill the dough on a floured surface (it will look very hydrated so keep the flour close to you). Divide the dough into 8 parts.
- Grease the plumcake mold.
- Manipulate the pieces of dough by folding them inwards, first on one side and then on the other forming little balls. As you get them, arrange them in a row inside the mold.
- Leave to rise for an additional hour in the oven off.
- Very important trick: boil water in a little pan; put it in the oven with brioche toast. Heat the water again after half an hour. This will ensure that the right humidity and temperature are created in the oven to allow the dough to rise better and faster.
- Once the brioche toast will be leavened starting to protrude from the pan, you can extract it from the oven and preheat it to 200° C. In the meantime, brush the surface of the pan brioche with the egg wash (a flake of melted butter mixed with the beaten egg yolk) and sprinkle with seeds of your choice.
- Put it in the lower part of the oven and cook at 200° C (lower the temperature the last ten minutes at 180° C). Cook for 20/25 minutes (check the cooking with the toothpick test).Have an happy breakfasts!
Ph. Sara Cartelli
© The Eat Culture
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.