Culture. Eat it
12 January 2018
Detox soup with spinach and ginger
My password for January 2018 is only one: feel good.
Though, the second is: love (myself, fist of all) – from the first brain located in the head and up to the second brain in the belly.
Hurra for me and hurra for you.
The third, however, is the one I want to focus on today: detoxify. Three is a magic number for this.
Eat to lose weight could be the leimotiv of this detox soup with spinach and ginger, thought for us that we want to burn off the Christmas holydays bacchanalia and LOSE WEIGTH (categorical imperative starting from every 7 January; University of Massachusset has shown that in the first month of each year is the most pronounced word in the world – declined in various translations – after “ciao” and “Coca Cola”).
I’m nobody to get away from doing it. In fact, now you know it – also because, in the end, I do not talk about anything else; like a tabagist who repeat to the bone” I do not need cigarettes at all” – I’ve been on a diet since that sad November 2017.
But being healthy, feeling good, active, being able to sit without having to fight with the button of jeans is a good life.
So here’s the reason why this detox recipe full of healthy and detoxifying foods to lose weight, but with good taste. If you want to purify your body, this detox soup with spinach is just the perfect recipe that you are looking for dinner: the spinach will purify your internal system (with pleasant implications also on skin and hair) while a pinch of ginger will give a booster of taste with an amazing burst of energy!
Detox soup with spinach and ginger – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- half a red onion and a clove of garlic
- 250 g of fresh spinach
- 200 g of chard
- 100 g of potatoes
- fresh ginger, carrots, celery and onion q.s. (for vegetable broth)
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper q.s.
While you’re tasting listen: Body memory, Bjork and Arca
- Make the vegetable stock with carrot, onion and celery. Boost it with ginger. Once brought to a boil let it cook for an hour. Season with salt, filter the vegetables and set aside.
- Sautè the chopped red onion and the clove of garlic with a little oil, remove the garlic and add the spinach. Simmer lightly.
- Add the chopped chard and potatoes, so put it in the pan with spinach. Add the vegetable stock.
- Cook covered with a lid for about half an hour.
- Blend with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy a tasty healthy dinner.
- Your body thanks you and the toxins that affect it swear at you.
- If you like, you can make the detox soup more “yummy” (even if defining “yummy” a detox soup is oxymoronic, but beauty comes at a price) with a few drops of a cheese fondue made with milk and Grana Padano.
Tableware: La Fornacina Keramik Studio
Ph. Sara Cartelli
© The Eat Culture
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.