Culture. Eat it
8 March 2019
GREEN. Veggie lasagna, all the spring vegetables are inside it!
I want to learn to choose the color of my thoughts as, in the morning, I choose the color of my clothes.
I would often opt for a green. Calm green to breathe as my Yoga teacher would like. Green harmony, to balance all the Me Myself and I who live inside me when they fight among themselves. Green serenity, to bring clarity to the mind and the heart even when, from time to time, a bit of fog falls down.
Green does not heat or cool. These are perhaps also the reasons why Indian culture uses this color to symbolize the earth, associating it with the positive vibes of our thoughts and our senses.
But green can also be eaten.
Inside these vegetarian lasagna with spring vegetables. The recipe is here below, waiting for you.
Veggie lasagna – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (serves 8)
- Fresh Spinach
- Red chicory
- Fresh peas
- Green cabbage
- Red Onion
- Sheets of egg pasta
- 1.5 liters of béchamel (find ingredients and procedure here)
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Taleggio cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper
How to make veggie lasagna
- Wash the vegetables. Cook them in this way: boil the peas in plenty of salted water, then, once drained, cook the spinach. Set the cooked spinach aside, so cook the asparagus, still in the same water. Then boil the cabbage.
- Now sauté the spinach in a pan with a little oil until all the water has dried. Do the same with the cabbage, sliced asparagus and peas along with the chopped onion.
- Cook the chicory in julienne strips with a little oil and onion, season with salt and pepper. Do the same with the leek.
- Make the bechamel (click here for my recipe!). If you do not use ready-to-use pasta, prepare it by rolling it very thin so cook it.
- Make the vegetarian lasagna. On a baking tray 30 × 40 cm put a ladle of béchamel on the bottom; place a first layer of pasta, spread the béchamel evenly and add the spinach and ricotta cheese.
- Continue composing the layers always taking care to sprinkle the pastry well with the béchamel. The second layer will be for the cabbage, with plenty of grated Parmesan; compose the third layer with chicory and taleggio cheese. The fourth with peas and parmesan. Then pass to the leek and finish with the asparagus.
- You get six layers of pasta, each with its own taste. Finish the veggie lasagna with a generous layer of béchamel, the asparagus tips cutted into quarters, plenty of grated Parmesan cheese and flakes of Taleggio cheese. Only a hint of oil and freshly ground pepper are missing and you can bake your veggie lasagna at 180° C for 25 minutes, until the surface is golden brown.
Take out of the oven and wait a couple of minutes before serving.
Tablewear: La Fornacina Keramik Studio
WHILE YOU'RE TASTING LISTEN:
Photos: Sara Cartelli
Cogitatrice impegnata, praticante dell’Amore Universale, su di lei nemmeno una nuvola. A 30 anni non ha ancora la minima idea di come vuole essere a 32: una, nessuna ma forse non centomila. Grazie al cielo tutto scorre. Panta rei. E alla fine, come in uno splendido giardino Bahai, verrà estasiata da un’illuminazione. E vivrà per sempre felice e contenta.