Culture. Eat it
28 April 2017
cakes and desserts
HEALTHY HOMEMADE NUTELLA (lactose free and low fat recipe)
Making an healthy homemade nutella, lactose free and low fat, could not be simpler than that.
Not bad these absences! Sometimes unthinkable things happen to good peolple. Once tasted my healthy and vegan nutella, the real Nutella will only be a faded memory, like the first boyfriends of which you are ashamed. Trust me, you really taste the flavour of hazelnuts and chocolate. The Nutella will only be a false misstep down “the good things road”.
One teaspoon of this vegan chocolate hazelnut spread and your taste bud regain strenght living a second youth. Commercial Nutella – as an ex boyfriend from whom you would never return – soon will taste of nothing but sugar and palm oil (now I leave you just a moment to dedicate an horrified expression that merits the only view of the ingredient Which-is-not-must-be-nominated). By the way, I’m the last person in the world that demonize the commercial Nutella. In the dock at the trial of “things that are bad for us”, there must be something else. But when you try the genuine black of this vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, you know what they say: you’ll never come back.
I think we can’t go around measuring our goodness by what we don’t do – by what we deny ourselves, what we resist and who we exclude. I think we’ve got to measure goodness by what we embrace, what we create and who we include.
Chocolat, Lasse Hallström
HEALTHY HOMEMADE NUTELLA – the recipe
- 120 grams of hazelnuts
- 150 grams of dark chocolate
- 120 grams of cane sugar
- 200 grams of rice milk (or almond, hazelnut or what you prefer)
- 20 grams of cocoa powder
While you taste listen: Say you won’t let go, James Arthur
- In a blender pulverize the sugar.
- Add the hazelnuts and crushed at maximum speed for a few minutes. Initially you will get a sort of granola, but don’t desist, with a bit of patience it will first become a sort of dough and then, finally, an hazelnut cream.
- Now, you can add one piece at a time, even the dark chocolate and continue to chop.
- After adding all the dark chocolate you can begin to add also milk and cocoa. Add 3 tablespoons of milk and start the blender, then a teaspoon of cocoa and so on until you finish the ingredients getting a glossy and homogeneus cream.
- The vegan chocolate hazelnut spread is almost ready, only one last step is missing. Pour the cream in a glass container. Cook in a water bath without the cap for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let it cool and as soon as it “solidifies” the healthy homemade nutella is ready to be enjoyed. Can be kept in the fridge for a couple of weeks, but I’m sure it will end before.
Ph. Sara Cartelli
© The Eat Culture
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.