Culture. Eat it
5 October 2018
cakes and desserts
Italian yogurt & lemon cake
I come back to you with this Italian yogurt & lemon cake. On tiptoe, with a cream-colored apron with small pink flowers tied at the waist, a new awareness and this simple cake in my hands.
A good cake, nothing more and nothing less. That is no small thing to be good, but sometimes we take it for granted.
Fragrant, like Sicilian lemons, the last of the year. Smooth and moist, like the autumn thoughts.
Calm, serene thoughts in need of a hug in the twilight of a sunset. And this is enough to feel happy.
Italian yogurt and lemon cake – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (for a Bundt cake mold)
For the cake:
- 100 g of butter
- 100 g of white sugar
- 50 g of mascobado sugar
- 200 g of white yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 7 g of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- the grated zest of an organic lemon
- two teaspoons of dried ginger powder
For the lemon icing:
- powdered sugar q.b
- lemon juice q.b.
While you’re tasting, listen: Nora Jones, Sunrise
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Put aside.
- Put the soft butter together with the sugar. Once it has become white and smooth, add the eggs, one at a time.
- Separately, mix the yogurt together with lemon juice and zest, vanilla extract and ginger.
- Combine half the flour with the mixture of butter and eggs. Add therefore also the the yogurt cream to the dough. Finally, add and mix the remaining part of the flour.
- Cook in a buttered mold at 160° C for 70 minutes.
- Baked and then let the cake to cool. Sprinkle with the lemon icing made by mixing the lemon juice in the powdered sugar.
Serve the yogurt and lemon cake warm, with a cup of good tea. May the hygge be with you and with your tea time.
Photos: Sara Cartelli
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.