Culture. Eat it
8 February 2019
Saffron risotto makes love with prawns, sundried tomatoes and burrata cheese
The saffron risotto that makes love with prawns, sundried tomatoes and burrata cheese is the recipe you wanted for your Valentine’s Day.
Amazing and irresistible at the right point,
because you cannot live by love alone (and by food also).
Not even on the February 14th. Indeed, especially on the February 14th.
Energy is needed for the after dinner. Ergo, dinner must meet the following requirements: provoke “palatal orgasms”, banished garlic or raw onion from the ingredients (for a desirable “bad breathe free” outcome), contain a good dose of spiciness, be relatively light for the stomach and very surprising for the eyes.
That said, I tried to make the perfect recipe for this special day with the cry of love is in the air. Don’t let the ingredient list scare you – much longer than usual – and from the laborious procedure, in reality it’s a lot of smoke and very little substance.
I swear that I timed myself and, with all the calm of the world – that haste is the enemy of things done right, I took 45 minutes from the first shelled prawn to the saffron risotto ready in the plate. And then, how cool is cook à deux?
Romance aside, I put it inside:
- prawns: the aphrodisiac par excellence – just what is needed for the lust factor. Sweet, voluptuous, provocative.
- Dried tomatoes: baptized “love pomes” by nothing less than The Queen in person, it seems to have more than positive effects on the increase in sexual desire. Blessed is lycopene.
- Saffron: the most precious spice of gold for a supersexy luxury effect – guaranteed. The “cherry” on the risotto.
- Ginger: the brightest spicy note of the realm to rediscover joy in small things, like a candle light and a red rose on the table.
- Pink pepper: the better to hear you with;
- lime: better to see you with;
- burrata: better to devour you.
Foreplays finished. And now let’s do it.
Saffron risotto with prawns, sundried tomatoes and burrata cheese – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (doses for a tête-à-tête between 2 lovebirds)
- 150 g of Vialone Nano rice
- 10 very fresh prawns
- 3 sundried tomatoes
- 200 g of burrata cheese
- two pinches of dried saffron stigmas
- half a glass of prosecco wine
- a spoon of butter
- Poppy seeds q.s.
- extra virgin olive oil q.s.
For prawns marinade:
- a teaspoon of lemon juice
- the zest of an organic lime
- a teaspoon of grated ginger
- crushed pink pepper q.s.
- fresh thyme q.s.
- extra virgin olive oil and salt q.s.
For the prawns bisque:
- 1 shallot and half yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- a peeled tomato
- 700 ml of water
- the heads and shells of the prawns
- two tablespoons of brandy
How to prepare the prawn bisque?
- Shell the prawns: eliminates the eyes from the head and separates the carapace from the pulp.
- Put the meat aside (you’ll need it later) while the “scraps” are put in a hot saucepan. As soon as it begins to release the typical grilled crustacean smell (a couple of minutes), fades with the brandy.
- Once the alcohol has evaporated, cover with water and place the vegetables in the fish stock. Season with salt.
- Simmer with lid for at least half an hour (but if you have time 1 hour will be better). Then filter the bisque with a narrow mesh strainer and keep warm. The prawn bisque will be the broth with which you will cook the saffron risotto, giving to saffron risotto a wonderful taste of fish.
How to marinate prawns
- While the bisque is flavored, pass to the pulp of the prawns. Remove the intestine with a toothpick.
- Prepare a marinade by squeezing the juice of half a lemon, grating the zest of the lime, the ginger, the pink pepper, the salt and the oil. Emulsify well and dip the prawns.
- Let it rest in the fridge until it is time to serve.
Make the saffron risotto
- Heat the oil, dip the rice and let it sing. You will needjust a few minutes to toast it.
- Simmer with prosecco and let the alcohol evaporate. Start adding the boiling bisque, one ladle at a time until the rice is cooked.
- In the last ladle of broth infuse the saffron stigmas. When cooked, put the butter in the risotto and mix until blended.
- Cover the casserole with a lid and wait 1-2 minutes: the small rest necessary for the risotto to make the last magic.
- Mix the burrata cheese with a little oil and a pinch of black pepper.
- Place the saffron risotto in the two dishes with a few pinches of poppy seeds, add the burrata cheese.
- Drain the marinated prawns and put them over the burrata, so that they do not cook.
- Last but not least, sundried tomatoes in small pieces.Take it in your hands and go!
Tablewear: La Fornacina Keramik Studio
WHILE YOU'RE TASTING LISTEN:
Photos: Sara Cartelli
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.