Culture. Eat it
19 October 2019
Turkey skewers with lemon and honey
Autumn has arrived and has brought with it the desire for more hygge pleasures: warm knitted blankets to wrap you while you take a nap on the sofa, Sundays of white light and thin rain, herbal teas in your favorite cup that warm hands and spirit, the kitchen that smells of pumpkin and spices. The desire to spend a few weekends at home, déshabillé. To surround yourself with loved ones around the warmth of a fireplace, glasses of good wine and comforting chestnuts.
So here is the easy and speedy recipe to make in these days with friends, perfect for those evenings when you didn’t plan a dinner at home. A second course of meat improvised but not less amazing. The turkey skewers with lemon and honey, delicious and tasty to eat in the company of those you love with a side dish of laughter and beautiful things.
TURKEY SKEWERS WITH LEMON AND HONEY – EASY RECIPE
INGREDIENTS (serves 4)
- 800 g of turkey breast
- the juice and the zest of a lemon
- 2 whole lemons
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- fresh sage leaves q.s.
- a clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme, lemon thyme, mint and rosemary q.s.
- Start by preparing a marinade for the turkey meat: in a bowl large enough to contain all, mix the juice and the lemon zest filtered, the thyme, the minced mint and rosemary, the thinly sliced garlic, the honey, the salt and oil. Add the turkey in pieces and mix well. Cover with film and leave to marinate for half an hour at room temperature.
- Drain the turkey from the excess of marinade and put them on the skewers, alternating with slices of lemon and sage leaves.
- Place the turkey skewers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Season with a little oil and a pinch of black pepper. Bake at 200° C for 15 minutes (increase or decrease the time depending on the size of the meat pieces). If you prefer you can also cook them in the pan, on the griddle or barbecue. Eat hot!
WHILE YOU'RE TASTING LISTEN:
Photos: Sara Cartelli
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.