Culture. Eat it
18 January 2019
Penne alla vodka in the 2019 – and they are not out of date.
I’m always in a hurry like the White Rabbit.
Clock in one hand, bag in the other and on, in a perennial race against time. Some research claims that having problems with punctuality is synonymous with intelligence: this is a meager consolation that does not satisfy me at all.
They say that the time that goes by ruins.
True. But, you know, we can ruin it ourselves. He told me an essay of the ancient soul that lives under a tree in the mountains of Ladakh.
And then the how also whispered to me.
He told me to start using it as it deserves. Say some no if you don’t want to do one thing – that Yes man! it’s just a movie and it doesn’t work so off screen.
Appreciate the time for what it’s worth. Respect it, honoring it. To practice acts of kindness, which are never lost time. And, in the right measure, use the time to really do what we like to do. What gives us joy.
No need to struggle with Tempo. It is a battle lost at the start, being allies the best strategy. Better to hold it by one hand, while with the other we lead Awareness.
Enjoy any seemingly insignificant grain of sand that slips into the lower end of the hourglass.
I love hourglasses. Once all the dust has slipped down, when the end word seems obvious, it is enough to turn it upside down and start again everything from where it stopped.
Minimize the use of the word regret.
Blend our borders with those who are different from us.
Every moment of life that we live is unique and unrepeatable and, even if it would perhaps be more efficient to live as in The curious case of Benjamin Button, the truth is that the reality is quite different.
Life is beautiful, but short.
And if the rainbow lasted 30 minutes, you wouldn’t be so surprised to watch it.
Penne alla vodka – the recipe
INGREDIENTS (doses for 4 dishes)
- 500 g of cherry tomatoes
- a white onion
- a clove of garlic
- 200 g of diced bacon
- half a glass of vodka
- 200 g of cooking cream
- 400 g of penne pasta
- grated Parmesan q.s.
- extra virgin olive oil and salt q.s.
- black pepper, chilli pepper and fresh parsley q.s.
- Chop the onion, fry it in a drizzle of oil together with the clove of garlic and chilli. Once seasoned remove the garlic and blend with the vodka over a high heat; let the alcohol evaporate.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a pan and cook in the oven for half an hour at 180° C. Once cooked, make everything velvety with an immersion blender.
- Add the cream to the tomato sauce and stir until a velevety cream is obtained.
- In a non-stick pan greased with a drizzle of oil (large enough to sauté the pasta), cook the bacon until it is browned.
- Cook the pasta.
- Drain it directly into the pan with the pancetta along with a ladle of cooking water. Add the sauce and sautè the pasta.
- Serve the penne with vodka, adding a generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan, an handful of chopped fresh parsley and a pinch of pepper.
The penne alla vodka are ready to be enjoyed even in 2019.
Because anachronisms, in the kitchen – as well as in love – do not exist.
WHILE YOU'RE TASTING LISTEN:
Photos: Sara Cartelli
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.