Culture. Eat it
20 July 2018
appetizer and finger food
How to make the savoury brioches with spicy shrimps and guacamole
Today I want to reveal how to make the savoury brioches (and live happily).
An odd couple, made up of savoury brioches and happiness. But a perfect combo.
A super treat to give yourself on weekends, with a glass of wine in your hand and an house full of friends. I want to tell you that I just added this recipe to my mental list “favourite-confortfood-fingerfood”.
Please help me to exorcise the awareness of my self-diagnosed psychopathy revealing that also you kept a huge “mental-list” data file, constantly updated.
It has quite rightly earn a fully third place, just behind my favourite bagel (find the recipe here) and a perfect-made dragon roll uramaki. It’s on the podium, you need to try it.
Savoury brioches with spicy shrimps and guacamole – the recipe
- a puff pastry pack
- a dozen of shrimps tails
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1/8 of Tropea red onion
- 1 egg + 1 yolk for the egg wash
- thyme, sweet paprika, grated fresh ginger q.s.
- Olive oil and salt q.s.
- Poppy and sesame seeds q.b.
While you’re tasting listen: La musica non c’è, Coez
- Cut the puff pastry into long isosceles triangles.
- Shell the shrimp and cut roughly with a knife.
- Slice the zucchini, carrot and onion into julienne strips.
- Cook a few minutes on high heat the vegetables together with a little oil and spices. Finally, sauté the shrimps. Put everything in a boule and add a beaten egg, mix well.
- Put a generous spoonful of the stuffing in the short end of the triangle of puff pastry. Roll the dough starting from the stuffed side up to the top, like a classic brioche.
- Brush the surface of savoury brioches with the egg wash and decorate with some poppy and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15/20 minutes at 180° C.
The savory brioches with spicy shrimp and vegetables are ready my friends! Dive them onto a guacamole sea (find the recipe here) and nevermind the rest.
Ah yes, I also promised you the recipe of how to live happily.
Mine is as simple as trivial:
- eat well as a ritual at every meal and enjoy the food,
- be grateful for what the universe gives you every single day,
- love constantly with an absolute love,
- not hurt anyone.
Ph. Sara Cartelli
© The Eat Culture
Once upon a time there was a 30 years old girl, and she has not the slightest idea what it would be at 32: one, no one but for sure no one hundred thousand. Daughter, sister, friend, mom of a dog, woman of an amazing man. Thinker fulltime, practices the Universal Love. Always looking for which direction take to and who to be doing it. Thank God everything flows. Panta Rei. And in the end, as in a beautiful garden Bahai, she will be delighted by lighting… and she lived happily ever after.